Edward Hopper built his paintings around light. Filled with quiet and solitude, his paintings are often warmed by the sun: “I like long shadows and early and late sunlight. I am . . . trying to paint sunlight without eliminating the form under it, if I can.” In this collection, the light that so fascinated the artist bathes New England land and sea, and enters into indoor spaces with geometric intensity. Hopper spent nearly every summer of his prolific career in New England. However, he was born and raised in Nyack, New York, and he studied painting at the New York School of Art and wintered in Greenwich Village. The outcome of this dual residency is a body of work rich in rural landscapes and seascapes, as well as studies of city life. Twelve of Hopper’s superb paintings, featuring both rural and urban scenes, are presented in this calendar.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
• Pomegranate’s calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.